As part of Richmond Carers Centre’s regular activity groups, we are merging Art Group with Knit, Natter and Sew to become the Carers Creative Space.
What will the Creative Space look like?
- A two-hour session on a Friday mornings for carers to use as a space for any creative projects they might be working on. This can be anything from mindful colouring, creative writing or sketching and painting to crocheting a blanket, knitting, embroidery or any other craft you might like to bring with you.
- Some resources will be provided but please do bring along anything that you feel would be appropriate.
- The space will be set up to accommodate different creative mediums.
- We may arrange for guest facilitators to come in and run one-off sessions on a variety of creative mediums.
- Tea and coffee will be available.
Why have we made this change?
- We wanted to be able to offer an activity that feels accessible to those who are not currently attending any activities but would like to.
- The creative space will enable carers to get out for a few hours a week and focus on other things among like-minded people.
- The creative space will encourage more carers, with a broad range of interests, to come along and make use of the session.
The sessions will start on Friday 7th February from 10am-12noon and will be held weekly. We welcome any feedback on this pilot which will run until the end of July, when we will review the service.