Thursday 14th June 2018, 10am to 2pm
York House, Twickenham
Why not give yourself these few short hours to indulge in some of our wellbeing activities? These include guided relaxation, Indian head massage or aromatherapy. You can also have a health check on the day, and meet other carers as well as local professionals providing services for carers. To finish, enjoy a buffet lunch with musical entertainment, then leave with a goody bag full of information and freebies.
CLICK HERE for the full invitation
Here’s what’s coming up at this year’s Carers Wellbeing Day
Plum Duff to provide cafe-style buffet lunch
Newly-appointed renowned local caterers Plum Duff will be providing a sumptuous cafe-style buffet lunch in the Hyde room. Special dietary requirements catered for individually.
Free drink for carers at the MoJuicy Juice bar
Local juicing specialist Miranda Key of MoJuicy will be situated within the carers marketplace providing carers with one free healthy juice drink each. Further drinks can be purchased from Mojuicy on the day.
Free NHS health checks with locals pharmacists
Local pharmacists Mukesh Shah (C.Goode Pharmacy) and Dipak Nandah (Kanset Pharmacy) will deliver free NHS health checks for carers aged 40-74.
Indian head massage
Local yoga teacher and Indian head massage therapist Amanda Wilkes is offering a limited number of 15-minute Indian head massage appointments between 10.15am and 11.45am, which can be booked when you register.
A local magician and member of the prestigious Magic Circle, will be attending from midday to entertain carers with close-up magic.
We have a full schedule of workshops this year, including:
- Talk and Draw art session with Orleans House Gallery
- The seven pillars of wellness with ASCA
- Aromatherapy/Essential oils with Miranda Key
- Simple, practical take home strategies for tackling back pain with local osteopath Claire Lisboa
- Meditation and seated yoga with local yoga teacher Amanda Wilkes
- Stay Safe anti-scam presentation with local Metropolitan police force
- Mindfulness with local teacher Andrea Hosfeld
- Financial wellbeing with RUILS and an Independent financial advisor
- Large group relaxation with RBMind
- Facilitated consultation discussions with Richmond and Kingston CCG