To all of the organisations who held a stall in our Carers Market Place and those who facilitated the carers wellbeing workshops, we would like to say a big thank you for helping to make our Carers Wellbeing Day the success it was. We have had some wonderful feedback from carers and organisations alike and will publish the collated feedback in August/September this year. We would also like to say a big thank you to pharmacists Mukesh and Dipak for giving up their time to conduct free carers health checks and take questions; Sara Challice for welcoming carers and sharing her own caring story, and Derek Oliver for entertaining us with his magical talents.
In addition we would like to acknowledge the very generous donations made by the following organisations to our carers goodie bags. These were extremely well-received.
• Squires Garden Centres, Twickenham Vegetable and flower seed packets. Squires Garden Centre, Sixth Cross Rd, Twickenham TW2 5PA, Tel: 020 8977 9241
• Neal’s Yard, Richmond Rose facial oil and rose, lime and cucumber facial cleanser and moisturiser. Neal’s Yard Remedies,15 King St, Richmond TW9 1ND, Tel: 020 8948 9248.
• Metropolitan Police Purse bells and card defenders. We also now have a little book of big scams for reference in the reception area and will be discussing future workshops/events for carers with Sergeant Les Jackson (see guidance on opposite page). Information in future newsletters.
• Mint Hair and Beauty Discount voucher giving 50% off a hair appointment or spa treatment. Mint Hair and Beauty, 53-54 Church St, Twickenham TW1 3NR, Tel: 020 8891 5544
• Nuffield Health Free day passes for attending carers to use the gym and pool at their Twickenham branch. Langhorn Drive, Twickenham TW2 7SX, Tel: 020 8892 2251
• Miranda Key Doterra essential oils samples, workshop and information. Email Miranda on email@example.com or Tel: 07811 468 911
In addition to these great items, we hope you will enjoy your Richmond Carers Centre travel mugs, trolley tokens, travel card wallets and sunshine yellow cotton tote bags.
We are always keen to hear from carers regarding wellbeing activities they would like to try so if there is something you would like to see at next year’s event please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.