The mission of the RCC is to deliver and be the gateway to direct support, information and access to services, for unpaid carers in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It has an income of some £600,000 and 12 full- or part-time employees.
The duties of the treasurer are to:
– Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation including the preparation and presentation of budgets and financial statements.
– Liaise with the Chief Executive and staff on financial matters when necessary.
– Liaise with the individuals that input accounting transactions to the organisation’s accounting system to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
– Present financial reports to the board and recommend action where appropriate.
– Ensure that appropriate accounting policies, procedures and control are in place.
– Ensure that the organisation is compliant with financial legislation.
– Ensure that the necessary documentation is submitted to the accountants for the preparation of the statutory accounts in a timely manner.
– Liaise with the organisation’s external auditors.
– Present accounts to the annual general meeting.
– Monitor the organisation’s investment activity and ensure that its investments are consistent with the organisation’s values, policies and legal requirements.
– Be the HMRC contact and oversee the maintenance of the payroll system.
– Be a member of the organisation’s board, regularly attend board meetings and participate in other board related activities as may be agreed.
– The successful candidate should:
– Have the relevant knowledge and experience to undertake the role. An accounting qualification and some knowledge of the charity sector would be desirable but not essential.
– Be reasonably accessible to provide financial advice to the Chief Executive.
– Have the ability to communicate and explain financial matters to the board.
– Be able to regularly attend RCC board meetings that are currently held in the morning about every six weeks at the RCC head office in Twickenham.
If you would like to discuss this position, please phone the Chief Executive on 020 8867 2381.
If you wish to apply, please send a summary CV, a covering letter which includes a supporting statement (250-500 words) about why you want to be treasurer of RCC and a completed Equal Opportunities Form. These should be emailed to ChiefExec@richmondcarers.org. or posted to the attention of CE, Richmond Carers Centre, 5 Briar Road, Twickenham, TW2 6RB.
In compliance with General Data Protect Regulations, Richmond Carers Centre will only collect personal data and applicant information relevant to carry out a safe recruiting process. This means we will ask for data such as applicant’s name and contact details, education and employment history, and contact details for referees. The application pack will include an equalities monitoring form, which will be separate to the application form for statistical purposes only. Applicant’s information will not be shared with a 3rd party unless required to do so by law. We will retain applicant’s information for the duration of the recruitment period after which unsuccessful applications will be deleted.
Richmond Carers Centre is committed to Equality of Opportunity
Registered Charity No: 1092459. Company No: 4412793