Supporting adult and young carers living and caring in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, Richmond Carers Centre is a registered charity and network partner of the Carers Trust. We provide year-round information, support, advice and a range of well-being services, and our much-valued carer phone line is also at the heart of our work.
As the voice of carers in the borough, we empower carers to have a clear understanding of their own needs and rights, helping them to be better informed and more confident when they access services now and in the future.
Working with third-sector organisations and healthcare professionals, we are committed to identifying the borough’s many ‘hidden’ carers.
The role – TREASURER
The Board of Trustees has a critical role to play in ensuring the good governance of Richmond Carers Centre, that our business plan is effectively delivered and that we continue to do our best for the unpaid carers we support.
Richmond Carers Centre is looking for a Treasurer to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, to ensure our financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are actively maintained.
You will be someone who understands and appreciates the importance of providing a service to unpaid adult and young carers. Specifically, the Treasurer will be responsible for:
- Preparing budgets
- Reporting on income and expenditure to the Board
- Advising the Board on investment possibilities
- Periodically overviewing financial policies and performing financial risk assessments
- Completing grant applications (financial part)
- Payroll reviewing and authorization
- Supervision of bookkeeping and accounts, preparing monthly journals for bookkeeping (deferred grants and prepayments, petty cash, payroll analysis, accruals). Please note that familiarity with QuickBooks is essential
- Keeping list of projects and accounts updated
- Preparing expense reports for the staff use
- Gift Aid returns
- Liaison with the auditors and HMRC
If you feel you can make a contribution we would very much like to hear from you.
Time commitment: six-weekly Board meetings plus on-going financial management activity
Responsible to: Chair (primary day to day liaison with the Chief Executive)
If you would like to apply please:
- Send a summary CV
- Send a covering letter which includes a supporting statement (250 – 500 words) about why you want to be Treasurer to Richmond Carers Centre and what contribution you could make
- Complete and submit the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact the current Treasurer Marina Dubko, email@example.com or Melissa Wilks, Chief Executive, Richmond Carers Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email application to email@example.com or post to Chief Executive, Richmond Carers Centre, 5 Briar Road, Twickenham, TW2 6RB.
In compliance with General Data Protect Regulations, Richmond Carers Centre will only collect personal data and applicant information relevant to carry out a safe recruiting process. This means we will ask for data such as applicant’s name and contact details, education and employment history, and contact details for referees. The application pack will include an equalities monitoring form, which will be separate to the application form for statistical purposes only. Applicant’s information will not be shared with a 3rd party unless required to do so by law. We will retain applicant’s information for the duration of the recruitment period after which unsuccessful applications will be deleted.
Richmond Carers Centre is committed to Equality of Opportunity
Registered Charity No: 1092459. Company No: 4412793