COVID-19 information updates for carers
Free PPE for Carers
If you provide personal care for a friend or family member you are now eligible for free PPE (personal protective equipment) until March 2022. If you are caring for somebody (particularly if they are not in your household), you might want to consider using PPE to protect yourself and the person you are caring for. To order your PPE please go to www.careplace.org.uk and fill out the online application form by clicking the yellow APPLY HERE button. Your application will be sent to your local authority who will contact you directly to fulfill your order.
Covid-19 vaccinations – CLICK HERE to book your vaccination online
For further updates on Coronavirus, visit the council website HERE
Richmond Carers Centre Services
Richmond Carers Centre is continuing to run many of its services remotely/online while we transition back to face-to-face services. To speak with a member of the Adult Carers Support Team, call the Carers Support Line on 020 8867 2380 to leave a voice message or email email@example.com. To speak with a member of the Young Carers Support Team, call 020 8867 2383 to leave a voice message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Voicemail messages are being retrieved throughout the day and the team will return your call as soon as possible. Please be aware it may take longer to return your call/email than usual but we will contact you.
Adult Carers Services
- Carers Support Line Our support team is continuing to support carers with advice, information and emotional support by telephone and email. If you need someone to talk to call our Carers Support Line on 020 8867 2380.
- Counselling for carers Our counselling sessions are being delivered remotely, email email@example.com to join the waiting list for sessions.
- Telephone and email support to complete funding applications for items you need to support you in your caring role during lockdown. Call 020 8867 2380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop and Learning Programme We are offering a number of online workshops each month. CLICK HERE to go to our workshops and learning page.
- Online Activities programme – we are currently offering a small number of outdoor face-to-face activities. See our recent update HERE.
- Quarterly service updates by email
Young Carers Services
- Young Carers Support Line Our support team is working remotely to continue supporting young carers with advice, information and emotional support over the phone and by email throughout this health crisis. If you need someone to talk to or would like a check-in call, please call the Young Carers Support Team directly on 020 8867 2383.
- Mentoring Programme for young carers This is for 8-17 year olds who would like a confidential and safe space to talk to one of our support workers about their caring role and to support them in identifying coping strategies through young-person-led sessions over a 6-12 week period.
- Young Carers Support Groups These are currently being provided as part of our digital service.
- Regular newsletters by email throughout the Covid-19 health crisis and for the foreseeable future with useful ideas for resources, activities and support for young carers.
- Development of further services to be offered remotely (details to follow when services become available)