Richmond Carers Centre, a network partner of the Carers Trust, is a registered charity providing information, support, advice and a voice for unpaid carers living and caring in London Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
Helping carers to live well and enhancing their lives is our aim and we are looking for someone to
- manage the development and delivery of services and
- oversee the office environment including administration, premises, IT and GDPR compliance.
As Operations Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Line management of Team Leaders of the Adult and Young Carers support teams
- Contributing to the management and development of Richmond Carers Centre activities and services
- Leading and co-ordinating activity to deliver effective services
- A strategic approach to service development
- Building and maintaining relationships with external agencies and professionals in the statutory and voluntary agencies across the borough and suppliers
- Monitoring elements of organisational expenditure and liaison with payroll
- Management of premises, including IT and database systems
With your proven knowledge of:
- Leading and managing teams
- working with carers or other vulnerable groups on an individual and/or group basis,
- client-focussed services
- the needs of carers
- effective office systems and management
- social care provision in the statutory and voluntary sectors
- service delivery to support carers
You will be self-motivated and positive in your approach to working with staff and carers and have a willingness to embrace our organisational values. Being an effective leader, you will respond positively to new challenges and be influential in supporting others to manage change, develop their skills and knowledge, problem solve and make decisions. Strong administrative, time management, IT and organisational skills are essential. Your ability and willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours is required.
In return, we offer regular supervision, training and professional development for this rewarding position, along with generous annual leave, employer’s contribution to your pension scheme and above all, a supportive and friendly working environment.
Richmond Carers Centre welcomes and encourages applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Please use the application form only. CVs will not be accepted
Closing date – 9am Monday 28th September 2020
Provisional interview dates – Monday 5th and Wednesday 7th October 2020 or Monday 12th and Wednesday 14th October
If invited for interview, please note we are considering a two stage approach. First interview by ZOOM, with second round of shortlisted candidates meeting panel face to face (following safe procedures).
For application documents, please click the relevant website links. Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In compliance with General Data Protect Regulations, Richmond Carers Centre will only collect personal data and applicant information relevant to carry out a safe recruiting process. This means we will ask for data such as applicant’s name and contact details, education and employment history, and contact details for referees. The application pack will include an equalities monitoring form, which will be separate to the application form for statistical purposes only. Applicant’s information will not be shared with a 3rd party unless required to do so by law. We will retain applicant’s information for the duration of the recruitment period after which unsuccessful applications will be deleted.
Richmond Carers Centre is committed to Equality of Opportunity
Registered Charity No: 1092459. Company No: 4412793