Richmond Carers Centre Services
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, face-to-face carers support and activities are currently suspended. Richmond Carers Centre is continuing to run many of its services remotely/online throughout social distancing (see below). To speak with a member of the Adult Carers Support Team, call our Carers Support Line on 020 8867 2380 to leave us a voice message or email email@example.com. To speak with a member of the Young Carers Support Team, call 020 8867 2383 to leave a voice message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Voicemail messages are being retrieved throughout the day and the team will return your call as soon as possible. Please be aware it may take longer to return your call/email than usual but we will contact you.
Adult Carers Services
- Carers Wellbeing Service – regular opportunities to participate in online/remote wellbeing activities
- Telephone and email support, including contingency planning (CLICK HERE for a contingency planning document). We are here whether you need advice and information about your caring role,or if you just need someone to talk to
- Counselling – there is a waiting list for this service and we are contacting those at the top of the list first. Contact us if you would like to be added to the list
- Support to complete grant/funding applications – if you need help with items to support you in your caring role during this crisis please get in touch on the contact details above
- Monthly digital newsletters – Moving on from the weekly updates during the height of the pandemic, we have returned to preference-based communications, which are currently all digital. The most recent of these are available to view below:
Young Carers Services
- Young Carers Support Line Our support team is working remotely to continue supporting young carers with advice, information and emotional support over the phone and by email throughout this health crisis. If you need someone to talk to or would like a check-in call, please call the Young Carers Support Team directly on 020 8867 2383.
- Mentoring Programme for young carers This is for 8-17 year olds who would like a confidential and safe space to talk to one of our support workers about their caring role and to support them in identifying coping strategies through young-person-led sessions over 6-12 week period.
- Young Carers Support Groups These are currenty being provided as part of our digital service. For more information email email@example.com.
- Summer Activities The team is looking at providing vouchers and care packages for young carers and their families over the summer holidays for them to be able to access leisure break services. If you are interested in finding out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will respond in the week beginning 13th July in relation to these queries.
- Workshops for young carers are being provided in conjunction with RBMind. Please email email@example.com to note interest in the below listed key topics:
- Sibling young carers and managing relationships with a sibling
- Post Covid-19 workshops
- Year 6 transition to secondary schools
- Peer mentoring
- Regular newsletters by email throughout the COVID-19 health crisis and for the foreseeable future with useful ideas for resources, activities and support for young carers.
- Development of further services to be offered remotely (details to follow when services become available).