Richmond Carers Centre Services
Richmond Carers Centre is continuing to run the following services remotely throughout the social distancing measures currently in place due to Coronavirus COVID-19:
- Carers Wellbeing Day – this is now being run as a free online Carers Wellbeing Programme. CLICK HERE for full details and HERE to view the first Wellbeing Webinar
- Telephone and email support – we are here whether you need advice and information about your caring role, creating a contingency plan (CLICK HERE for a contingency planning document) or if you just need someone to talk to
- Counselling – there is a waiting list for this service and we are contacting those at the top of the list first. Contact us if you would like to be added to the list
- Support to complete grant/funding applications – if you need help with items to support you in your caring role during this crisis please get in touch on the contact details above
- Information updates and wellbeing ideas/opportunities – we understand you are likely getting information from a number of places so we are mindful that our emails are relevant, helpful and not too long or too often. You can expect to receive communications from us approximately once a week. See previous updates below
To speak with a member of the Adult Carers Support Team, call our Carers Support Line on 020 8867 2380 to leave us a voice message or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To speak with a member of the Young Carers Support Team, call 020 8867 2383 to leave a voice message or email email@example.com. Voicemail messages are being retrieved throughout the day and the team will return your call as soon as possible. Please be aware it may take longer to return your call/email than usual but we will contact you.
Information updates by email
Our quarterly newsletter, which usually contains information on events, activities and services for Richmond Carers Centre and a number of other organisations across the borough, has been suspended for the duration of the COVID-19 health crisis. Instead, we are sending regular email updates to all carers signed up to any of our mailing lists. These emails will be sent approximately once a week, depending on the information we are receiving and will include important updates from the government and council, as well as updates on our own service offer and that of other local voluntary organisations, where they are relevant to carers. In addition to information updates, there are sections on looking after your health and wellbeing, things you can do for free, good news stories and avoiding scams.
These updates are published below so that as many people as possible can access the links within them to information, advice and activities. Our last quarterly newsletter to be sent before the social distancing measures began was the spring edition, which can be found HERE.